Rebuild Search Index
Windows Update fix for this issue available 06/27/17:
– Windows 7
– Windows 8.1
– Windows 10
- In Outlook 365 click on the File tab
- Click on Options and Search
- Next click on Indexing Options
- You should now see which locations are being indexed, click on the Advanced button
- Once the advanced box has opened you will see in the section named Troubleshooting section you have the option to rebuild, click this option
- Rebuilding will take some time, so make sure to leave your PC running for a while
Reinstall the Windows Search feature
If your installation of Windows Search got damaged, you can remove and reinstall it in the following way.
- Control Panel-> Programs-> Turn Windows features on or off
- Deselect: Windows Search
- Press OK and wait until the installer is finished.
- Reboot your computer.
- Repeat the above steps to enable it again.
Note: Windows Search can’t be uninstalled and reinstalled in Windows 10.