Some customers are on a domain server that have a GPO policy that prevents the installation of Firefox. When they try to install the program, they get an error saying policy forbids it.
The workaround is to:
- Clear the user’s temp folder (ex: C:usersGregappdatatemp)
- Run the Firefox installer.
- An error prompt will appear saying policy prohibits the installation. Keep the prompt open.
- The installer data should folder pop up in the users<user>appdatatemp folder.
- Now copy the installer data from temp folder to c:dansupport (or any other folder)
- Close the error prompt from before, then run the installer EXE in the C:dansupport folder
-Jerry, July 2017